Building Permits

Building Permits


  • Building or room additions; plumbing, electrical or mechanical work (permit required from St. Louis County Public Works). Items below = Greendale permit.

  • Decks, including handicap ramps.

  • Driveway replacement, or new driveway.

  • Walkway replacement, or new walkway.

  • Porch or step replacement, or new construction.

  • Roofs

  • Fences

  • Tool sheds (must be on concrete pads).

  • Carports

  • Sidewalks are city property. Permit required to replace or repair public sidewalks.

  • Building permits fees start at $80 plus. Sketches drawn to scale and most often property surveys required